Warranty Claim Procedure
The following procedures must be followed in strict detail to obtain prompt, complete and accurate evaluation of a warranty claim. Failure to adhere to the specified procedure will lead to delays and may result in refusal of the claim.
Only parts which have actually been assembled into an engine will be considered for warranty evaluation. Any parts which are alleged defective due to handling damage, packing errors, wrong parts, ect, must be returned separately for credit and should not be submitted as warranty material.
- Autohead Recon must be informed of any possible warranty claims at point of failure so as to determine the best way to action/authorise repair. A repair or returns authorization number must be obtained from Autohead Recon prior to any repairs being carried out, this number must be used in all future correspondence Autohead Recon must supply or authorise all parts required for the repair prior to fitment. All warranty claims must be processed within 28 days from the date of failure.
- Autohead Recon will only accept a warranty claim from the company/person appearing on the original purchase invoice without exception and at no other time, will Autohead Recon discuss process or upload a claim brought to it by any third party.
- Should the product in Question be supplied from a third party, the goods must be returned to them for warranty Inspection. Should the customer want a replacement product pending warranty inspection, these goods will be chargeable , pending inspection , if the claim is valid the goods will be credited , if the claim is rejected the goods are deemed to belong to the customer and must be paid.
- The vehicle, where possible and within reason, must be returned for repair to the original person/company responsible for the fitting of the defective parts supplied. If a repair is to be carried out by a third party then this must be approved /authorized by Autohead Recon prior to any repairs being carried out. Any repairs carried out prior to authorization will not be covered under warranty.
- In some circumstances and with prior agreement, Autohead Recon may demand that an independent be carried out by a qualified engineer. This will be carried out in a timely fashion, but determined by the independent inspector/engineers availability. In any case Autohead Recon will endeavour to keep this claimant informed of any delays where possible. So as to remain independent and impartial, the engineer/inspector will only be paId by Autohead Recon if the parts are found to be faulty. In all cases where the parts are found not to have been the cases of failure, the customer will be held responsible for the payment of the engineer/inspector. The customer will be informed, where possible, of the estimated costs prior to any inspection.
- Autohead Recon reserves the right to repair or replace any engine parts consequentially damaged at point of failure, with one that has been previously used on another engine. Autohead Recon will ensure that these parts are of a serviceable condition. Autohead Recon will supply new parts where possible and economically viable. Should Autohead Recon deem the engine to be uneconomical to repair, Autohead Recon reserves the right to replace the engine with either a used or re-serviced engine.
- All replacement parts supplied will be invoiced at the normal sales price and will be liable for payment under the usual payment terms. Should the claim be approved/upheld then all items approved for warranty will be credited and any monies refunded. At no point should account payments be withheld, as this will render the account outside of our terms & conditions. This could result in the account being placed on stop and in some conditions, the account facility being withdrawn.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to return ALL parts related/changed within the warranty claim.
The following information must be supplied.
a) Clear and legal copies of all work orders and receipts, for both parts and labour, relating to when the alleged defective parts were first installed. This must include dates and mileages.
b) Clear and legal copies of all work orders and receipts for parts, or detailed estimates of the parts and labour required for the repairs following the engine failure. Labour times claimed must be from an industry recognized source, such as Auto data, ICME, ect
c) A completely filled out and signed report, giving as much detail as possible, regarding the circumstances of the failure, including a description of engine operating symptoms prior to failure.
d) A complete warranty claim form supplied by Autohead Recon
e) E-mail the above information for authorization, to, prior to any repairs.
f) All paperwork MUST be attached to the parts when returned.
- Parts returned for warranty analysis must be carefully packed and protected from shipping damage. Parts damaged by courier handling due to improper packing will be denied warranty consideration. All parts damaged/claimed due to all the alleged failure must be returned together with all the above documentation. Autohead Recon will not assess any claim until all components and paperwork that have been requested by Autohead Recon, have been returned and inspected.
- Warranty claims found to be incomplete or improperly submitted when reviewed by Autohead Recon will be set aside and no action will be taken until the necessary additional parts and/or are received. Autohhead Recon will inform the customer responsible for the claim of the additional parts or information recorded to process the claim. If no response is received within 28 days, a follow-up letter will be sent with a further 14 days to reply. After this time the claim will be cancelled and the returned goods discarded.
- Following the evaluation of the parts and information submitted, Autohead Recon will make the final determination as to the cause of failure. Autohead Recon will provide a report of findings for all claims determined to be non warrantable. Autohead Recon cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies resulting from little/poor information. Autohead Recon will allow 28 days from date of report to accept or refuse its findings. If no reply is received within the period then the warranty claim will be closed and no further action will be taken.
- Autohead Recon will only accept claimed labour times that do not exceed the industry recognised source known as Autodata, and will be limited to a maximum labour rate of £25.00 per hour. Labour times claimed cannot exceed a maximum of 15 (fifteen) hours full engine rebuilds i.e. if damage has occurred to pistons or bore,, based on Auotdata repair times all other claims will be limited to a maximum of 10 (ten) hours based on Autodata repair times.
- Payment of any claim accepted, will be agreed by both parties.
- Autohead Recon will hold the returned parts for a period of 30 days after completion of the evaluation.At the end of this period the parts will be discarded unless otherwise requested. Parts involved in claims found to be non warrantable may be returned to the customer upon request.
- All products supplied will carry a Manufacturers warranty , all of which may vary . These are legally binding, and fitting these will be considered acceptance of there terms and conditions.
- All goods collected or sent with TNT/FedEx or Parcel Force will be subject to their terms and conditions these are legally binding. All goods must be parcelled in a secure and safe manner to prevent loss/damage or theft. It’s the customers responsibility to ensure the goods are secure and correctly labelled.
- All goods sent to Autohead recon from customers and suppliers will be done so at their own risk.
- All parcels must be inspected for damage before being signed for. Any goods found to be damaged after signing for please contact the courier directly as Autohead recon will not be held responsible for damages.
- All transactions are covered by Scottish Law jurisdiction